Mini Potato Corn Cakes With Cheddar & Sour Cream
* 2 cups mashed potato flakes
* 1/3 cup yellow cornmeal
* 1 tablespoon garlic salt
* 1/4 teaspoon dried chipotle powder (to taste)
* 1/2 cup very thinly sliced green onion
* 2 cups milk
* 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese or smoked cheddar cheese
* 1 (12 ounce) bag frozen super sweet corn, defrosted (2 1/4 cups)
* olive oil nonstick cooking spray
* 1/2 cup sour cream
1. Mix potato flakes, corn meal, garlic salt and cayenne in medium bowl. Reserve 2 tablespoons green onion for garnish. Blend in remaining onions, milk, cheese and corn.
2. Scoop into sixty 1-inch balls, gently flattening into 1 1/2-inch patties. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Spray with no-stick cooking spray. Pan fry patties until golden brown on both sides.
3. Serve warm with a tiny dollop of sour cream and a few slices of green onion on each, if desired.
Recipe found here: Mini Potato Corn Cakes With Cheddar & Sour Cream