1½ hours | 10 min prep
SERVES 4 -6
1 tablespoon olive oil
7 ounces streaky bacon, finely chopped
2 brown onions, thinly sliced
2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped
1 lb potato, thinly sliced salt pepper
1 ounce butter
1. Preheat oven to 350. Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the bacon over medium heat until starting to brown.
2. Add the onion and thyme and cook for 3-4 minutes, until softened.
3. Transfer to a large bowl, add the potato, season with salt and pepper and toss well.
4. Transfer the mixture to a 7-inch round cake tin and press down well.
5. Dot with the butter.
6. Place a piece of doubledd baking paper over the toip and place a weight, such as a ramekin or a smaller cake tin, over the paper.
7. Bake for 40 minutes.
8. Remove the weight and the paper and cook for another 20-25 minutes (or until the potato is tender and lightly golden).
9. Leave to rest for 20 minutes. Run a knife around the edge of the tin and turn out the galette.
Recipe found here: Provencal Potato Galette